Little thoughts

Little thoughts: need more sleep! :)

Sunday, March 22, 2015

My favourite make

So at 23:48 on 27/01/15 my son Rohan was born! 


It wasn't an easy birth, but he was ok which was the main thing. I can honestly say I haven't made anything since he's been born as I'm too contented staring at him in the spare moments between feeds, nappy changes and general entertaining of him. I did, however, get some bits made before he made his belated appearance. He was a week late and I was going a bit nutty to say the least!

I made a knitted hat for baby and a matching headband complete with bow for me and another for my niece


The hat is knitted from a Ravelry pattern in organic cotton and because I had lots left over I made myself this bow band which is also on Ravelry, both are free patterns.


This one was made at the request of my niece in her second most favourite colour


The light is awful on this picture I now realise. Sorry about that.

A good round bump picture methinks! A fab shelf for projects it was!



I also made these leg warmers, but haven't put them on him as my husband thinks leg warmers are too girly and part of me agrees but I am disappointed to have made something and it not be used. I also knitted a cocoon for him but misjudged the size so he went in it once just so I could get a photo and that's been it as it was so snug a fit! I think one of my nieces will end up with it for a bear or dolly.




As you can see he was well and truly straight jacketed! 

Moving away from knitting to sewing, but with felt. I made a giant mobile to hang above his cot. 


I'm really chuffed with how this turned out. I'd seen a couple of different versions available and thought 'I can do that!' So I did! I drew directly onto the felt and then used the first cloud and raindrop as templates for the others. They're stuffed with toy stuffing and have used normal cotton thread to attach the raindrops to the clouds. I was hoping to use invisible thread but couldn't find mine and wasn't about to go rushing out to buy any, so thought white cotton was the next best option. 

And now we're up to date with my projects. I'm hoping to make some things when he's a bit older and more settled into a routine, but for now when he sleeps I either sleep, eat, or do housework, or if I'm really lucky a bit of all three! It's a good job he's cute or I might have to complain!


He's so cheeky!

11 comments:

  1. Hey! I was wondering how things were going with you. Welcome to Babycakes! He's a snazzy looking baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Yes, sorry, he's a time thief but I love him dearly! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Adorable, and gorgeous knits/ baby crafts too! It's a shame about the cocoon, it really is the most gorgeous pic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I still have another skein of the wool I made the cocoon from so can make something else just not sure what yet.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! You have made some lovely handmade things for your baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It kept me sane making things for him as I waited for him to put in an appearance!

      Delete
  4. Congrats! So glad to hear all is well in Babyland. Get all the sleep you can. Love the mobile, and the baby strait jacket. It's all awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Glad to hear all is well. I've been thinking of you these last couple of months. Love the mobile and the baby straitjacket. Sleep when you can!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to nap in the afternoon with him. We're both still learning'

      Delete
  6. Congrats! What a gorgeous tiny sprite! And the baby snug is pretty much the cutest ever :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Considering I didn't have a pattern for it I think it came out well. Just need to make it bigger!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!